Thursday, March 27, 2008

Is Spring Here??

Yesterdays high was around 48 degrees. I decided to get outside and start some yard work. It was nice to see my beautiful flowers starting to pop through the soil. I was excited to see my tulips coming up. It felt great to be outside in the fresh air. I spent about 3 hours outside working with my 3 1/2 year old. She seemed to enjoy playing in her sandbox and splashing in the puddles in our back yard. We have so much yard work to catch up on. Sometimes it feels over whelming to me but also something to look forward to. I noticed our drive way is in bad shape. We have a horse shoe shaped drive and when we moved in almost 8 years ago we decided to just lay gravel and not have it paved due to it being cheaper. Well, it's time for a new layer of gravel. The one side of the drive is total mud. It will cost around $500 just to do the really bad side of the drive. Maybe we should of had concrete put down 8 years ago. I can't wait until it gets warm enough out for me and the hubby to start our vegi garden. Maybe this year I will try and can some food again. I've already been planning what flowers I'm going to go buy and where I'm going to plant them. This winter has been very long and very hard this year. I just heard on the news yesterday that one year ago yesterday it was 80 degrees out. God, how I wish it was 80 today. I'd be out getting some very needed sun. Hopefully the weather will continue to get warmer and there will be no more snow storms. Keep your fingers crossed.

3 comments:

  1. I'm ready for warmer weather too. Bring it on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. And a year ago I couldn't even appreciate 80 degrees, since I was stuck in the office :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh 80 sounds so very good. I haven't uncoved my tulips because yes they are still calling for the S word.

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.