Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Time to Celebrate!!

This Saturday is my cousins wedding. My hubby and me don't get to go out and do adult stuff together anymore. So it will be nice to spend time together without our daughter. We almost weren't able to go due to the fact I had no babysitter for my daughter and they aren't inviting children to the wedding. I was really bummed out. But my sweet friend said she would babysit for the night. I was so happy. Thanks Mrs. L. You are the best!!!! Then we had a another monkey wrench thrown in the mix. My husband got called out of town to work down in Florida. It just seemed like we would never make it to this wedding. I was about to give up trying. But the hubby said he would fly home early on Saturday so we could go. Everything seems to be working out. I'm also looking forward to seeing my Greek family. My family use to be much closer when I was younger. Every Sunday we would have family gatherings at my grandparents cottage on the lake and we use to have family reunions every year. These gathering were always organized by my grandma who became ill in 1999 and passed away in 2006. So the weekend gatherings and reunions stopped around 1997. It seemed the only time I really got to see my family was at funerals and that's no fun. This is a welcome celebration for everyone. I even enjoyed the bridal shower and I hate going to any kind of shower. This might sound crazy but It seems since both of my grandparents (on my mom's side) have passed and especially since my grams has passed I have a want and need to be with my family much more. I've noticed my mom and my sister also feeling this way. The picture I have attached is only a small portion of my Greek Family. Just thought I would share. ( Bottom right sitting on couch- My mom, me, and my sister)

1 comment:

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.