Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Motor City Nationals At Milan Raceway - International Hot Rod Association.

One of our Memorial Day activities was to take a trip to Milan Dragway for the Motor City Nationals. These race car drivers are through the International Hot Rod Association . We had such a great time. My dad use to take my sister and I when we were kids. I forgot how much fun the races can be. We even got to meet the race car drivers and get some autographs. These are some photo's from our fun day.




I was trying all day to get a photograph of the flames coming out of the cars when they took off to race. This was the best picture I could get. They are so fast my camera can't keep up.


This is how the race car drivers get into the cars. Wow!!


Yup, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. This is actually a snowmobile and a race car competing. The snowmobile won. How crazy is that.


Terry, Me and Sonya my little sister. We were just hanging out at the pit. This was really cool to see the cars up close.


Of course I had to get a picture of this. A woman race car driver. Girl Power!! I wanted to get a close up shot. The car is basically just a shell.


Race girl on the track getting ready to take off.

Hanging at the pit again. Terry, Kevin and the little sister Sony.


Terry and Sonya enjoying our great seats. We were right in front of the starting line.


We decided to take a walk and check things out. This is wear the mechanics work on the drivers cars. Really cool to watch!




I thought all the smoke the cars created with their tire burns was amazing.


This is a Nitro funny car driven by Matt Hagan. I can't even begin to tell you how loud these race cars are. When they take off you can hardly see them. I thought the noise from these nitro cars was going to jiggle me right off the bleachers. You actually feel a rush of air from the extreme noise when they take off. Thanks to the hubby we had ear plugs.


Matt Hagan and the hubby. The hubby is so excited we got this picture. Of course I had no idea who he was. He was signing autographs at his t-shirt stand. I thought he was just the t-shirt sales guy. LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.