Saturday, June 14, 2008

Bloggers Unite For Human Rights Featured On CNN

Bloggers Unite is an initiative designed to harness the power of the blogosphere to make the world a better place. By challenging bloggers to blog about a particular social cause on a single day, a single voice can be joined with thousands of others to help make a real positive difference; from raising awareness for cancer, to an effort to better education systems or support 3rd world countries. Well, on May 15th I joined in on this effort. I posted a blog about stopping the violence against women. The story I told was my story. It was the most difficult and emotional post for me to write. Maybe because I actually put these terrible years of abuse into words. I wrote about my personal journey of abuse in the hopes that it would reach someone out there that needed help and needed to know that they weren't alone. Today I received an email from blog catalog saying that bloggers unite for human rights was featured on CNN. Wow, it made international news. How great is that. There were 7 million blog entries submitted for this fantastic cause. I'm so proud that I could be part of this human rights movement and that I could share my story. I hope that my story in some small way made the world a better place.


1 comment:

  1. I hope your story helped someone too. I hope it helped you by putting you painful story into words. It's wonderful that so many were involved.

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.