Monday, June 23, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl Movie Review


Rated: PG-13
Run Time: 115 Minutes


Director Justin Chadwick's opulent historical drama stars Natalie Portman as Anne Boleyn and Scarlett Johansson as her sister, Mary -- beautiful, ambitious sisters vying for the heart of powerful but intemperate King Henry VIII (Eric Bana). Though both women are the monarch's mistresses, only one can become his queen consort -- but at what cost? The supporting cast includes Kristin Scott Thomas and Jim Sturgess.

Wow, The Other Boleyn Girl was a great movie. It was based on a true story. It really gave me some insight into the history of England's royal famly. I thought that Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson were amazing in their portral as the Boleyn sisters. The costumes and scenery were just breathtaking. The only problem I had with the movie was their thick English dialect. It was sometimes hard to understand. Over all I thought the movie had a great story line and kept me entertained for almost two hours. Out of a 5 star rating its get 4 stars from me.

2 comments:

  1. This is definitely on my must-see list as I heard the book was very good, and I am a Tudor England buff so to speak :)

    I have tagged you in a meme over at my blog today. If you decide to play along let me know so I can check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one in my Q too. I'm glad to hear it's good. How do you get time to watch a movie? I'm thinking movie watching and blogging is a winter project. I'm having a hard time fitting everything in. I'm glad you can so I can read the reviews and know what to watch this winter.

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.