Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thursday 13 - My favorite Art Work




I'm a huge art fan. I just love to admire art. Though I don't get to do it as often as I'd like. It has always amazed me how you can see the life of the artist through their art. Every painting tells a story. Some of these paintings are on my wish list and I would love to add them to my collection. The others paintings are ones I have already hanging in my home. Of course the paintings I own are replica's. If I owned an original I'd be a very happy rich girl.



By: Gustave Caillebotte 1848-1894
Paris street, Rainy Day 1877

I would really love to have this painting. Every time I admire it I get lost.



By: Georgia O'Keeffe 1887-1986
White Pansy

This painting hangs in my hallway.






By: Georgia O'Keeffe 1887-1986
Poppy 1927

This painting hangs in my living room.


By: Georgia O'Keeffe 1887-1986

Just another fantastic painting that I want to add to my collection



By: Georgia O'Keeffe 1887-1986

Another wish list item.



By: Georgia O'Keeffe 1887-1986
This painting just fascinates me. Maybe next year I'll buy this one.




By: Pierre-Auguste Renoir 1841-1919

Isn't this beautiful. I would really like to have this one.



La Leine a' Giverny
Monet's Garden at Giverny
By: Claude Monet 1840-1926
I have this beautiful painting hanging in my stairway to my basement.



By: Claude Monet 1840-1926
Japanese Bridge painted in Monet's gardens

My husband and I received this painting as a wedding gift from my sister in law. It hangs in my living room.



By: Claude Monet 1840-1926
Water Lilly

This amazing painting hangs in our bedroom above our bed.



By: Claude Monet 1840-1926
Haystacks

I just recently came across this painting. We were cleaning my grandmothers house out after she passed away and there it was hiding out in the basement. I still need to get it framed and figure out a place to hang it.


By: Georgia O'Keeffe 1887-1986
Light Iris 1924

This is my second favorite painting. I fell in love with it when I was twenty one. It hangs in our living room where I get to admire it every day.




Petunia II - 1924

By: Georgia Keeffe 1887-1986

This is my all time favorite painting. For years I looked every where for a replica and never found it. A few years ago my mother found the print and had it framed for me. She gave it to me as a Christmas gift. I was so happy. That was the best Christmas ever. It hangs in my dinning room.

28 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful!

    http://www.chelleyoung.com/index.php/archive/thursday-thirteen-115-thirteen-things-i-can-see-in-my-family-room-right-now/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renoir and O'Keefe are two of my favorite artists! Beautiful sampling of beautiful art work!

    Thanks for sharing, and happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good taste. I have a soft spot for water-colors. For some stupid reason I ended up paying about $800 for some abstract oil the other day.

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo
    http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take Monet or Picasso art any ol' day!!!

    By popular demand: Jefé is back with 13 bits of aged wisdom! Come on over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a couple of my favorites on your list! Love O'Keeffe and Renoir are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful "13", I have a thing for pansies, I have several, some I've painted, others on antique china...love em' Debbie~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Monet too! I really like historical pieces that involve people and everyday living. It is like a window into the past :)

    Happy TT and thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first one, Paris in the rain, is the sort of picture one can stare at for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful! And what a great idea for paintings. I've found museums such a wonderful oasis in my life that I would hate to own anything. I'd like to share everything.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely. I love O'Keefe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all very beautiful. What a beautiful home you must have with all these paintings on your walls. May you get the others soon.
    (I'm an artist too. You can see one of my paintings if you scroll down to June 12th.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great paintings!

    I just love Renoir and Monet!

    One of my favorite painters is William Bouguereau. Oh, and I love a poster I have of "Carnation, Lilly, Lilly, Rose" by John Singer Sargent. We saw it at the Tate Gallery in London, and we both loved it as soon as we saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful paintings. I love the Paris Street scene.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful pieces. Monet has always been one of my favorites.
    Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are some really good looking pieces of art. Thanks for taking the time to share them.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorites are the Georgia Keeffe flowers. Wow. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Impressionists and Georgia O'Keefe. You and my husband are soul mates. I like art, but I'm not in the same class with him when it comes to studying it.

    Lovely pictures.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful idea for a TT! And you executed it so well, too. This represents a great breadth on Georgia O'Keefe's part, doesn't it? (Thanks for visiting my TT)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do not remember a lot about art, but I can appreciate its beauty and these are stunning

    Mines up as well!
    Hubbys having a give away at his blog at www.valtool.blogspot.com

    Hope you will visit us both!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some great ones there. Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are gorgeous! Some of them I'd never seen! Thanks so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. O'Keefe is one of my favorite artists, too! Great list! Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Georgia O'Keefe (and the Impressionists) are my favorites, too! You posted such beautiful pictures; I really enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Interesting 13. Mine is Eat, Drink and be Merry - 13 Last Words, Excerpt: Judaism instructs us to enjoy the simple gifts that God gives in the present world. Eat, drink and be merry. Enjoy this life, on this Earth, in this time. I have collected for your enjoyment the last words of some of our more famous fellow human beings involving food or drink before they died.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful selections. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Monet and water lillys is my fave

    ReplyDelete
  27. I do love the impressionists. You have great taste!

    Thanks for visiting my TT last week, at Raven's Roads. I did another TT, at Raven's RV, about the forest fires, if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.