Friday, August 15, 2008

On This Day In History The Woodstock Festival Opens In Upstate New York

On this day in 1969, The Woodstock Festival, the most famous rock festival of its era, opened in upstate New York... the three-day rock music celebration, which was held on Max Yasgur's 600-acre dairy farm, in Bethel, NY, near Woodstock... featured Joan Baez, Blood, Sweat and Tears, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Arlo Guthrie, Joe Cocker, Richie havens, The Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, Santana and many more...


5 comments:

  1. At 45, I'm grateful for any historical reference that makes me feel young-ish. I was 7 in 1969.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At 45, I'm grateful for any historical reference that makes me feel young-ish. I was 7 in 1969.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great clip. I didn't know that today was the anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder of the anniversary. I have a very special friend who lives in town and sees the after-affects of Woodstock still!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was older then and could of gone. It sounds like fun and crazy all in one.

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.