Monday, September 15, 2008

The Birthday Celebration

We finally had my little one's 4th birthday celebration this past weekend. I was totally exhausted but It was completely worth it. My 4 year old had a fantastic time playing with her little friends and opening all her gifts. Fun was had by all until we realized that we had our own indoor pool in the basement. Let me start at the beginning of this drama. Last week our sump pump stopped working. So, the hubby went and purchased a new unit. The new unit worked a total of 5 days and stopped working in the early morning hours of Sunday. At around 2 am the entire basement flooded. Uggg!! We still had some friends at the house that planned on spending the night. We were all still up chatting and enjoying our visit when we came across the flood. They helped the hubby pump all the water out of the basement. Later that morning the hubby returned the old pump and purchased a new pump with a battery backup. It didn't help matters that we are getting the after math of hurricane Ike. It's been raining in Michigan for 3 days straight. My front and back yards look like mini lakes. Today we plan on trying to finish the cleanup job in the basement. I'm going to have to unpack boxes and let things dry out. I'm so bummed out that we lost so much stuff.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry we missed the party! She looks like she liked opening those gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pic, and sounds like a wonderful birthday celebration! Sorry to hear about the flooding :( When you are feeling up for it I have something for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. floods are such a disaster, and it leaves a mess you'll be hating cleaning for a long time. btw, hapi bday for your darling daughter, she's so eager to know what's inside the big box. did she like it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about the flood. My hubby didn't want plastic tubs everywhere, but he sure did appreciate my purchase when the washer overflowed. Small investment on a big savings. Happy Birthday Hailey!! I can't believe she's 4 already. She's getting so big

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.