Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Time To Batten Down The Hatches

Unfortunately our summer has final come to a close. Today is the first official day of fall. I have to say that I do enjoy the beginning of the fall season. It's so peaceful to watch the leaves change colors and fall from the trees. The air always smells so fresh and clean. It's also time for my husband and I to start doing our yearly winterizing. This includes getting our boat and wave runner ready for storage. We keep them in our garage that needs to be cleaned desperately. As you can imagine the boat takes up about half of the garage space. There isn't much room left for us to store other things. One item I wish would just disappear is my husbands wood splitter project. We couldn't afford to buy our own, so my handy hubby decided he was going to build his own for half the price. That was about a year ago and it's still sitting in the garage taking up space. I wish I could move it myself, but the steal pieces must weigh about 300 pounds a piece. I know that he has been waiting to order some extra parts such as industrial clamps. These clamps will help him hold the machine together while he completes the welding. I might just go and purchase these parts myself. Maybe this is just the thing to get him motivated to finish this project. It will be nice when the wood splitter is complete. I can't wait to have our very own wood splitter for those long winter months. It will really help with heating our home.

3 comments:

  1. let me know when it's done. maybe we can borrow it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Southern California, it still feels like summer today … except it wasn’t so light when I arose this morning. Good luck with this ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I love the fall! It is a refreshing change from the summer heat. Not so cracked up about winter though.

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.