Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What I Love About Autumn






1. The smell of the crisp clean air

2. The sound of the leaves falling from the trees and landing on the ground

3. The cool nights outside where inside I can snuggle in my blankets.

4. The sounds of the leaves under my feet.

5. All the amazing colors that falls shedding trees have to offer. Deep reds, rich yellows and beautiful orange colors.

6. The family trips to the cider mill picking our Halloween pumpkin. Drinking hot apple cider and enjoying fresh warm donuts right out of the oven. Yummy!

7. Taking long scenic drives to view all the amazing colors of the trees.

8. Apple picking and of course eating the apples.

9. Enjoying our fireplace on those crisp autumn days. It's always so peaceful and cozy sitting by the fire.

10. Having fun running through the corn mazes that the local farmers put together.

11. Halloween night. I love to watch our little one's amazement at the scary holiday night. According to my hubby it's the best holiday of the season.

12. Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's house with all the fixings.

13. I even enjoy a little raking in the cool autumn air. It's always fun to watch our little one play in the leaves.


21 comments:

  1. It is a great time of the year! My fave season Happy TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful time of year. I enjoy it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed that TT, but then I noticed in your side panel, in the bit about you, that you refer to 38 as old! I had to collapse into an armchair and have a cup of cocoa and an aspirin to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a summer girl. But fall is a close second (smile).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree 100% with your list. :) Fall is my favorite season, and October my favorite month. Just gorgeous.

    and #4-LOVE the sounds of leaves crinkling.

    Happy TT1

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's my fav season too bec it's very colorful and the boys are looking forward for trick or treat. :)
    http://www.fickleminded.net/2008/10/15/thursday-thirteen-3/

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can anyone like a season where you are forced to put up the sandals and light colored clothes and get out a coat! I'm a summer person.

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo
    http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2008/10/15/3932491.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's my favorite time of year too. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Fall too...we havent seen much of it here though in Cali. Too dam hot. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The smell of my kitchen after making spiced pumpkin bread.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree. I LOVE fall! Happy T13~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely T-13 list! In the midst of the heat wave here in So Cal … I’m wishing WE had some crisp clean air and some cool nights too.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh yes the colors, the apples, the cool air ,the apples,thanksgiving food ,the apples--YUMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Fall too, a cozy sweatshirt and the cool air are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, yes, yes!!! On ALL 13 loves of Autumn!!! I so agree. My favorite part of the year.

    ps...love your Wordless photo also.

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my Thursday blog. You made my day!! Hope your day treats you well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still like summer better. I do love the things on your list too. Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's my favorite season as well.

    Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fall is in the air! Happy TT.
    http://www.apooobooks.com/thursday-thirteen-scariest-time-life

    ReplyDelete
  19. You nailed it! These are the very things I enjoy most about autumn. I just wish I didn't have to dread the winter to come!

    Anyway, great list...and welcome to TT. Stop by mine when you get a moment!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is a great time of year isn't it. Peanut is being very suspicious of the skeletons that we have hanging out front. So fun to see it through her eyes. Great tt

    ReplyDelete
  21. I find things to love in all the seasons. I think you've really nailed with this list. #6 sounds like Uncle John's!

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.