Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Amazing Behavior Of Dolphins

Most of my friends and family know that I'm madly in love with dolphins. To watch them makes me happy, to interact with them is just extreme joy. They are the most gentle creature for their large size. I know first hand because I had the opportunity to swim with a female and male dolphin that were 9 feet in length. It was a surprise birthday gift from my husband when we went on vacation to the Florida keys. I was so amazed when we had the chance to swim and play with these fascinating creatures. I was so amazed that when they would swim around me they never even touch me. Their gracefulness is breathtaking. Their gentleness is astonishing. Their intelligence is just mind blowing. Don't get me wrong. These sweet creatures are extremely strong and could hurt anyone of us. Of course aggression is not in their temperament. One of the interactions that I got to experience was the dolphin picking me up and taking me for a swim. Swimming with the dolphin's has been one of the highlights of my life. It's something I will never forget as long as I live. I would love to do it again on our next trip to Florida. My little one would just love it. Anyway, check out the video that I found on You Tube. It's wonderful to watch these guys blowing water rings and playing with each other. Enjoy.




Hugs

10 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. Dolphins are amazing creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that was very fun to swim with the dolphins. What a wonderful thing for your hubby to give you. Great video too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful trip and experience for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky and thoughtful gift! Nice husband I'd say. And what a great experience for you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dolphins too and I think swmming with them would be amazing. Such a sweet gift from your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool. I'd be a little scared but what an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sooooo amazing. We hope to go to FL is Sept- and I would love to visit Sea World and see the dolphins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was amazing and the bubble is unbelievable great video although I'd be scared to swim with them (big scared y cat am I)

    Dorothy from grammology
    grammology.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. something is very therapeutic about dolphins, they can really make one feel good, even just by watching. they are like kids, adorable and playful.
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swimming with Dolphins is my dream.. Lucky you that you got to do it.

    I hope one day I get to do it! What an amazing gift from your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.