Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Miss My Wii

My sweet hubby bought me the amazing game system wii for my Christmas gift. He even include the Wii fit. I was so excited to start using it and I was doing so good at getting to my exercise routine each day. Then my terrible accident happened. I've always been a klutz my entire life. I'm always tripping over things or falling of curbs. In November I had a bad fall and twisted my ankle. I kept ignoring all the pain until I couldn't take it anymore. I ended biting the bullet and making an appointment with a foot doctor. Sure enough after my exam and a set of x-rays the diagnoses was a severe sprain. I actually pulled some ligaments in my ankle and the doctor suggested surgery. I was really bummed out to hear this news. How could I have hurt myself so bad? The doctor gave me a set of orthotics to put in my shoes to see if it would help decrease the pain, which they did. My ankle is feeling much better, but I've been avoiding getting back to my exercise routine. It's still painful to walk and I'm scared I'll injure myself again. I've really been missing my Wii fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.