Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm Still Plugging Along

I hate to admit it, but I've smoked for way to many years. I've been trying to quit for about a year now. I was doing so good and was smoking less and less every day. I was proudly down to under a half a pack a day. That's a huge accomplishment for me. I haven't been able to make it cold turkey yet. Though I'm still plugging along and hoping one day I'll quit for good. It's such a nasty dirty habit and so very expensive. I've even looked into getting one of those electronic cigarettes. I have a friend who just purchased one and she feels it's really helping her reach her goal of quiting. What makes matters worse is that the hubby smokes too. The hubby was so determined to quit a few years ago he had our family doctor put him on medication to help him quit, but that failed. He became very sick from all the medication and eventually started smoking again. I'm hoping one day they discover a miracle cure to help you quit for good.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my pally, Jude, just bought the vapor cigarettes to try to quit and she swears by them!! Go look up her posts at: http://jude8753.com/

    She loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quit when everything just fell into place. My Dad had just died (yeah, smoking was a factor) I was pregnant and it was just time. My hubby continued smoking for another year, but I was never tempted. It was just the right time and I was in the right frame of mind. Just never wanted one again. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep trying and you will do it. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope so too! In the meantime, keep trying!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll do it when you're ready. Hubby and I quit together 3 years ago. We did it cold turkey, and while the first 3 weeks were rough it got very easy after that.

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.