Saturday, February 9, 2008

My Sister, My Best Friend

My little sister can be so sweet sometimes. I recently posted a blog about her photography glass. She thanked me for the nice comments on the blog and said it made her cry. How sweet is that? I don't know what I would do with out her. She is such an important part of my journey through this life. Our parents were divorced when we were very young and my mom raised us mostly. Though we did still see our dad. So it was always us three girls. Me, mom, and little sister. My sister and I have always had each other. I always have a hard time understanding when people tell me they are not close to their siblings. Just can't figure that out. My grandma, who in my eyes was a very wise women always told me if you make one true friend in this life you are a very lucky person and to hold onto that friendship like it was gold. I always held that true to my heart. Well, my sister is that friend. Thanks Sis for always being there. The following poem reminded me of my sister.

My Sister, My Friend, we've been there through life's sorrow and pain. But together we have always endured the strain. We've argued and bickered and made each other mad. But if you weren't my sister, life would be so sad. We've cried till we laughed and laughed till we cried. Sometimes for no reason we didn't even know why. When we're not together our bond is just as strong. Because we are sisters we know when something is wrong. We've whispered our deepest secrets only sisters could share. I love my sister dearly because she really cares. So whether we are together or we are far apart, you're my sister, my friend and forever in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. thank you sister. I love you too. That has to be the sweetest thing you have ever done for me. Did you write that poem? I loved all of it. I will always remember you and our life of growing up. The hard times and good times. I miss those days. love ya always. Thanks for doing my taxes, dinner and the old photos. Don't know what I'd ever do with you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.