Monday, May 12, 2008

Curious George Book Review

By: H.A. Rey
Publication Date: 1941


This is a story of a man with a yellow hat and a very curious monkey named George. George always seems to get himself into all kinds of trouble. He is always so curious This is the original Curious George book published in 1941 by Hans Augusto Rey. (Ages 5-7)

My earliest memories of George are from the young age of 3. Even at such a young age I fell in love with George. I even had a curious George stuffed animal. There is a new cartoon out on PBS that me and my daughter watch daily. George is cool as my 3 1/2 year old will tell you. This was the first book that I bought for my daughter and I love reading it over and over. The only thing that bothers me is there is a part in the book where George has a smoke before he goes to bed. I try and skip over that part every time we read it. I know I have to keep in mind the time era this book was written in. Everyone seemed to smoke in the 40's. Other than that the book is fantastic and the illustrations are extremely cute. I'd recommend reading this book to your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.