Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day Mommy!!




Happy Mothers Day to all you moms out there. In honor of mothers day I want to tell you about my amazing mother. She had me and my sister at 23 and 26. By the time she was 29 she was divorced and a single parent. Those years were hard on her but she survived and raised two girls basically on her own. I can't tell you what a crazy teenager I was. I'm sorry mom for putting your through all those ruff times but it made me who I am today. My mom is a strong, independent, intelligent and an all around beautiful person. Though she would beg to differ. My mom is my hero. She raised me and my little sister while going to college to finish her degrees. Yes, I said degrees. She has a Bachelors in Nursing, Masters in Library Science and this past month received her Masters in English Literature. Though she is still practicing as a nurse but soon hopes to start using her Masters in English literature to start writing and publishing. Great going mom. I'm so proud of my mommy!!! I wish I had her passion and drive for life. Words can't describe how much I love my mom. She is my rock and my inspiration. I hope someday I can be as good a mom to my little girl as my mother has been to me. Through the the years as I became an adult my mother has become my best friend. I just don't know what I would do without her. She has always been there for me as a child, teenager and even as a grown women. I'm 38 years old and I still call my mom when I'm upset about something and then end up crying like a baby on the phone. All mom's are special. Make sure you remember your mom today and just stop by to say I love you mom. Happy Mothers Day Mommy!!! We love you!!



Mothers And Daughters

You can see it in their eyes,
in tender hugs and long good-byes,
a love that only moms and daughters know.

You can see it in their smiles,
through passing years and changing styles,
a friendship that continually seems to grow.

You can see it in their lives,
the joy each one of them derives,
in just knowing that the other one is there...

To care and to understand,
lend an ear or hold a hand,
and to celebrate the memories they share.

1 comment:

  1. You do have a very nice mom! Happy Mother's Day to you and her.

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.