Friday, May 30, 2008

Living Statue of Liberty

I received an email a few weeks ago and attached was this fantastic photograph. This photo was taken on a hot July day in 1918 during World War I. The temperatures reached 105 degrees. All 18,000 men, yes 18,000 were wearing uniforms made of wool and many had passed out from the heat. This pictures was taken at the Camp Dodge training camp. These brave hero's were preparing to head off to war. What a precious gift of history we Americans were given when this photo was taken. God Bless America!! If you want to read more about this photo and see more incredible photographs of our countries history check out the Camp Dodge Story.

1 comment:

  1. Wow those are people? I'm going to read more this is interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.