Monday, June 30, 2008

Do I Have A Tail Bone Injury?

I've had several aches and pains since I had my daughter in 2004. I just brushed them off as old age. Lately, well I should say the last few months I've been having this agonizing pain in my tail bone. It only happenings when I sit for long periods. Then it really starts to ache. After about an hour I can't stand the pain and the stiff feeling in my tail bone. I just figured it was a little arthritis setting in. My mother has rheumatoid arthritis. She was diagnosed when she was twenty nine years old. So I figured it wasn't impossible for me to have a little arthritis at my age. I've heard that rheumatoid arthritis is hereditary. The last few month this pain has been driving me crazy. The only good thing about this problem is that it only bothers me when I'm sitting. I can lay down and walk pain free. This morning I decide to get on line and do some searching on WebMD to see if I could find my symptoms. I sure did! I love this site. You can find anything but it doesn't replace going to the doctors. It sounds like I might have a tail bone (Coccyx) injury. I have absolutely no idea how or when I injured myself but I think I'm aggravating it by sitting at the computer for long hours. Darn Blog! I keep thinking maybe I fell at some point. But When? I guess I just need to start taking it easy.

3 comments:

  1. Take care and be careful! Have you tried a heating pad or the icy hot patch? Those patches really work... I think I posted a review of them once.

    I hope you heal quickly... take a little medicine to get the edge off.

    I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do actually. One thing that helps is to sit slightly reclined. It sounds completely counter intuitive but it does help relieve the pain. Also try touching your toes, it will help stretch things too and take some of the pressure off the tail bone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this blog thing fun. You ask a question and people help you. I also have to say we have used WebMD and it's a very good web site. I think taking it easy sounds the best.

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.