Saturday, July 19, 2008

Debt Collections Is Not My Favorite Job

It will be four years in September that I became a mommy for the first time. I decided to become a full time stay at home mom. Before that I worked in the accounting/finance field for many years. I loved my job. I truly enjoy accounting. I know it sounds strange. I felt I found my niche in the career world. The only thing that I dreaded about doing my job was debt collections. I'm just not aggressive enough to deal with debt collections. I always wanted the employer that I worked for to hire a company to do this stressful task for me. I think commercial collection agencies are the way to go. These companies have the knowledge, experience, and equipment it takes to provide you with faster and better debt returns. In a few years I plan on returning to the work force and finding another accounting position. I'm going to make sure and mention these type of companies to my next employer.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed doing collections. It's the only job I ever had where no one was expected to be happy after I talked to them. Hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with harmany it's okay to be grumpy to those people and they can be grumpy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not want to do it. For me it would be soul sapping. I agree that its best left to the professionals.

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.