Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Slang Words From The 70's


Thursday thirteen - 19th Edition

A few weeks ago I did a Thursday Thirteen on slang words from the 80's. This week I thought I'd do 13 slang words from the 70's. I hope everyone enjoys these. Drop me a line if you remember any of these fun slang words or they bring back any good memories.


  • skinny
    real deal or truth."let me give you the skinny on the deal"

  • ' Can You Dig It'
    Do you understand? " Can you dig it man?"


  • 'Bootin'
    as in; Are you going Bootin? "I'm going Roller Bootin" or rollerskating.

  • The 'Crib' and going to the 'Gig'
    The "crib" was going home or to someone else's house, and "gig" was work or job.


  • 'Far Out'
    cool



  • 'Lay A Gasser'
    to fart.


  • 'You're So Stunned'
    Meaning the person acted or said something stupid, dumb.

  • 'book' Or 'booking'
    to run quickly, usually away from something. (ie The cops were after him so he was booking down the street.)

  • 'bunny'
    a cute girl

  • 'catch You On The Flip~side'
    see you later

  • 'feel Tha Funk'
feel the music. get down wit da boogie.


  • 'right On' !!
Right on--was a slang used for hip people when you agreed to something ex: Are you going to the club tonight--Right on!


  • Boogie
to get your groove on; to dance.

17 comments:

  1. I still find myself using "Can you dig it?" at times...and 'right on is just a given around our house.

    Great idea.

    My T-13 is posted. Last one over to visit me is a rotten egg! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, memories! I'm feeling all nostalgic now.
    Dig?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can You Dig It always makes me think of the theme from Shaft way back at the start of the seventies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up in the 70's and remember a few of those....How about, "Thats Rad!"....lol. Great list. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so 80s! Thanks for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funny! I love them all.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny! I love them all.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't thought of "booking" in years. I used it quite a bit when I was a kid. As I think of "can you dig it", I am remembering quite a few song lyrics from that era which featured the term.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am soooo digging this TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another clever idea for T-13 today! Thanks for the ‘far out’ memories ... I can definitely 'dig it' ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep. I used to use some of these. Wait! I still do!

    Fun T-13! Mine's up, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL I related more to the 80's slang, but this is great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL I remember most of those!! I was a kid having the time of my life.

    Happy TT!! This week, mine is the 13 Most Beautiful Classic Movie actresses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was in grade school in the 70's but I do remember some of these. Funny list, happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm totally going to start using 'lay a gasser.' As soon as possible.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.