Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Does She Have Lou Gehrig's Disease? Time Will Tell.

I know, I haven't been on my blog much these days. The holiday season just swept in and carried me away. I have no idea where the time went. I just can't get over that it's January of 2010. Wow!! I've decided to get back on my horse and dive head first into my blogging for 2010. So get ready here I come. Though lately I haven't really had much to blog about. I seem to have writers blog. I guess I've had my mind on other things these days. For example I received a call this morning from my mom. If you'll recall back in November I had her in to the ER twice. Plus she had several doctors appointments. She even stayed at my home for a week because she was so sick. She could hardly walk and had severe weakness in her legs and arms. Well, it's been over a month and she is still undergoing treating from several doctors with no clear diagnoses. Back to the phone call this morning from my mom. She had a visit with her neurologist yesterday and the neurologist stated that my mom may have Lou Gehrig's Disease , also known as ALS. Hearing that news has really scared me.  I hope and pray this is not my moms diagnoses.  It sounds like she has some muscles tests to get through.  I did some reading about the disease and it seems there is no cure, but several forms of therapy are available to slow the progression of the disease. It seems like such a cruel disease to have. I hope her test results come back negative. I'm literally terrified for her. So, I guess you can see why my mind has been on other things lately. Trust me, I'd rather be blogging then worrying about sick family.  Thanks for stopping by today and listening to me ramble on.


Hugs

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to learn your mom's not well. I don't know much about ALS but I'll be praying for all of you.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, hon.. I am sorry to hear this. I have heard of this before, although don't know too much about it. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, sweetie.
    Take Care,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no I hope your mom is okay. Keep us informed of any news. Of course our prayers are with you and her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs. I hope it isn't ALS. That would be so hard for both of you.

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.