Friday, April 25, 2008

The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford Movie Review

Rated: R
Run Time: 159 Minutes

After Robert Ford (Casey Affleck, in an Oscar-nominated role) joins the most notorious gang in the West, he grows tired of the charismatic Jesse James (Brad Pitt) and begins to resent his fame. But by hatching a scheme to gun down James, Ford risks forever being branded a coward. Sam Shepard, Sam Rockwell, Mary-Louise Parker and Michael Parks also star in director Andrew Dominik's riveting Wild West drama adapted from Ron Hansen's acclaimed novel.

I was really looking forward to seeing this movie. I've always been fascinated with the life of Jesse James and his history. I have to say I was a little disappointed in this movie. I felt the acting was terrible and the plot was a little hard to follow. I also felt that the movie wasn't factual. I could be wrong and I'm not a historian but I knew he was gunned down buy Robert Ford, but I don't think it was in his house with his family home. Though it's always nice to watch Brad Pitt in a movie. He's always easy on the eyes. I'm only going to give this movie 3 stars out of a 5 star rating.

1 comment:

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.