Friday, May 9, 2008

The Orphanage Movie Review












Rated R-For disturbing content
Run Time: 110


With fond memories of the seaside orphanage where she was raised, Laura (Belén Rueda) persuades her husband (Fernando Cayo) to help her revamp it as a facility for disabled children. But once they move in, their son Simón (Roger Príncep) begins to exhibit dark and disturbing behavior. As Laura tries to understand Simón's increasingly malevolent actions, she becomes drawn into the house's terrifying secrets in this gothic chiller.

When I rented The Orphanage I had no idea that the entire movie was in Spanish. I'm not really a big fan of movies with subtitles but I decided to give it a try. To my amazement I really enjoyed the movie. It had a fantastic plot and great acting. It kept me on the edge of my seat most of the movie. The ending was very sad. I have a 3 year old so every time I see a movie that involves bad things happening to a child it disturbs me. I just have to remember it's only fiction. Out of a 5 star rating I'm going to give it a 4.

1 comment:

  1. Wow 4 stars for a movie with subtitles, it must me good. I'll have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.