Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Preschool Drama

My little one started preschool a few weeks ago. Mommy was nervous the first day but my little one seemed eager to go. The second day was complete drama. My baby had the water works going. I tried to calm her, but it just wasn't happening. She was clutching and grabbing at me. I had to eventually hand her over to the teacher. Who graciously took her out of my arms. The teacher assured me that kids react this way to new situations. Plus my little one has not left my side for her first four years life. I know that she wants to attend and I don't think she is trying to be manipulative by crying. I truly think she is scared because mommy isn't right by her side. She missed this past Monday because she has been sick with a cold and then came down with an ear infection. The teachers told me if your child is sick, please keep them home. So I did just that. Today she goes back to class. I'm hoping that today isn't as dramatic as the past few weeks. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. As a former teacher, I concur mightily. If your child is ill, please keep them home so they can recover more quickly and they don’t pass it on to everyone else, including the teacher. As for the tears, methinks you’re right … and she’ll adjust with a bit of school experience as she realizes you’ll be there when she returns home.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.