Thursday, September 16, 2010

Is It Time For Back Surgery?

My hubby has been in the construction industry for over 19 years. The physical labor aspect of the job has taken its toll on his body. The past six months he's been under the care of a neurologist and a chiropractor. He has learned from these doctors that he has some extensive back problems and may need surgery in the future. He seems to be in pain each and every day and takes over the counter pain medication to deal with the pain. I hate to see him in so much pain and wonder if it's time that he go in for back surgery. I'd hate to see him on social security disability at such a young age.  I know he wouldn't know what to do with himself if he wasn't working.  I 'm thankful that we have the benefit of disability, but I feel it's way to soon in his life.  He's trying to get out of the construction industry at the moment, but jobs are hard to come by these days.  I'm hoping in the near future he'll find a less physically taxing job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I lovvvvvve comments. So feel free to comment as often as you like. As always I will return the favor.